Same stump, different year

Yesterday Finn, Spencer and I headed up north for our annual pilgrimage to "the stump" for some fall pictures. Finn was not cooperating (as usual) so it was hard to get a decent one of him by the stump. Spencer did pretty well, however he started scooting in the dirt, and got pretty muddy. Good thing I'd thought to bring a change of clothes.

I hope to continue this tradition for quite some time. I'm hoping it'll be easier in the coming years. If reasoning doesn't work, I'm sure bribery will.

The first three photos are of Finley. First in 2005, then in 2006, and lastly yesterday. It was a LOT of work just getting him to stand near the stump. I didn't even beother to try to get him to smile and/or look happy.

And then theres Spencer. Happy as can be. And for the most part, he stays in one place when I take his picture. I might as well enjoy it now...I'm sure it won't last for long! As soon as he learns to walk, getting him to stand still for a photo op will be a lost cause.

And I wonder if anyone knows what the heck this is. It was in the woods. It looks like a piece of a child's toy that was just stuck on to the end of a branch. However, it is real. There were quite a few of them around. I'd just like to know what it is.
















0 comments: