Road trip: day 4

We are finally here. After almost 1700 km (just over 1050 miles) we pulled into our new house (for the week). It is nice and big and clean. We forgot to bring a baby gate to put on the stairs, but Spencer knows how to navigate stairs pretty well, so hopefully it'll be ok. Because the sun had already set before we arrived, we haven't been able to truly appreciate our view yet, but tomorrow morning we'll take a better look.

We did hit the outlet mall this morning. It was hot. Really hot and humid. Greg actually enjoyed shopping (don't believe him if he tells you differently) and he bought more stuff than I did. Since we wanted to get going, I didn't get to as many shops as I would have liked to, but being the nice guy that he is, he promised that we'd stop at another one on the way home. Further north. Where it's not so hot. And then I can really do some damage!

Going over a bridge heading into Norfolk, VA. If you squint, you can sort of see the outline of the ship.

Woo hoo! We finally reached our destination state.
Over the bridge towards the Outer Banks.
This is the view from our deck. I can't wait to see what it looks like in the morning!
The boys also went to sleep at a fairly reasonable hour tonight. They are sharing a room, and I can only hope that they will sleep in until at least 7:30am!

I am now off to bed.

0 comments: