The dentist

I received a call today from the receptionist at the dental office I used to go to.

Dr. C. is a nice guy, and a good dentist. He's gentle and never told me I had to get any work done that wasn't absolutely essential.

I had one problem though. He would ALWAYS reschedule my appointments. Say I'd have an appointment for Monday at 1:00. His receptionist would call me on the Saturday before my appointment to confirm. She'd then ask me if it would be ok if I came in at 1:30. Ok, fine. Not a big deal.

Then, on Monday morning, she'd call again and ask if I could come in at 12:15 instead. Um, ok.

The first time this happened, it didn't really bother me. But it happened each, and every time I had an appointment. So I found another dentist. He's great, and he was there for my scheduled time.

Now Greg still goes to see Dr. C. for all of his dental needs. He has never had a problem with his appointment times, so does not feel the need to change dentists.

Fast-forward to 10 minutes ago. The receptionist calls and says that I am WAY overdue for a cleaning. I told her that I'm extremely busy at this time of year and can't make an appointment. She says she'll call back in the new year.

So how do I break up with my dentist? I feel like I'm cheating on him!

0 comments: