Forgetfulness and vomit

I had to drive downtown today to pick up a picture from the photolab. I decided to take my camera with me, in hopes of taking a photograph or two that I could use from my photo-a-day blog. I get to my destination, pick up my picture, and then start taking a few shots. I try to review them, and suddenly see the message "No CF card". Crud. So I head home and sulk.

Fast forward to dinner time. Finn is happily eating his mac'n'cheese and hotdog. Spencer on the other hand, is slowly picking at it. He eats a few pieces of hotdog, and a little bit of macaroni. He suddenly stops, and a look slowly appears on his face. I know that look. I've seen it many times on Finn before. I quickly stand up and lift him out of his high chair. Unfortunately, I'm not fast enough to even get him out of the kitchen. Projectile vomit all over my chair and on the floor, under the table and a bit in the hallway.

He then looks up at me, and smiles and asks for a banana!! Hopefully he'll be ok for the rest of the night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carter used to have "that look too", it's almost like a tranquil stillness before the upheaval

Mara said...

LOL Gotta love him. Glad it was you and not me. At the same time, I hope it was a one time thing and he is feeling better.
Imagine the same thing happening on the bus. The imagine that said bus had to go out of service. Now imagine a really cold, snowy day. Yep it can be worse. :-)